In 1996 a law was passed in the UK stating that all landlords who rent part or all of a property out must have all gas appliances and gas pipe work checked for safety and have a certificate to prove so for every 12 month period.
Landlord's Gas Safety certificates can only be issued by Gas Safe registered gas engineers.
The Gas Safe Register superseded CORGI (Council for Registered Gas Installers) as the sole legally recognised gas safety register in the UK on 1st April 2009. Certificates are valid for a year from the date they are issued.
What does a Landlord Gas Safety Inspection include?
- Test appliance and gas supply to check it is tight and sealed
- Check standing and working pressures if test points are available
- Check burner pressure/gas rate against manufacturers guidelines
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion
- Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets (where appropriate)
- Investigate any evidence on unsafe operation and report to the person responsible
As a landlord, you are responsible for the safety of your tenants. You must ensure that appliances are working safely and correctly and guard against the dangers of carbon monoxide.
Therefore, every rental property that has any sort of gas appliance will require a gas safety certificate whether it be a gas central heating boiler, a gas stove or even a gas fire.
- 24 hour turnaround - certificate produced on day of inspection
- Fixed fee - no hidden costs
- Fulfil your legal requirement as a landlord
- Keep your tenants and property safe
- Competitive price