Power flushing is the quickest and most effective way to flush a heating system, cleaning out the sludge and dirt that builds up inside your central heating system over time.
A power flush also provides the advantages of minimal disruption and dismantling of radiators & pipes. Without a power flush you will notice a gradual reduction of your boiler system’s performance as the sludge coats the internal piping and reduces circulation efficiency. If there are any major blockages in your radiators this causes bad circulation through the pipe work, so the radiators and boiler would have to work harder, causing an increase in gas bills due to a decrease in boiler efficiency.
If you don't maintain your central heating system by having a power flush regularly, there is an increased chance of your boiler, radiators and pipes breaking down. Power flushing can massively extend the life of your system and save you the cost and hassle of a boiler breakdown.
- Cold spots or radiators that don't heat up properly (cold at the bottom warm at the top)
- Certain radiators not working at all
- Boiler cutting out regularly requiring reset
- Leaking or faulty radiators
- Sludge in feed and expansion tank
- Excessive noise from your boiler or the heating system pump
- Discoloured water when you bleed the radiators
- Heating system is slow to warm up
- Radiator thermostatic valves (TRV's) get stuck in the off position
- Cloudy tap water
The heating system is forcibly cleansed by connecting a pump to either the pump connectors or across a set of radiator tails and then pumping water and chemical cleaners at high velocity (but low pressure so as to cause no damage) through the system, dislodging and removing the sludge, deposits and corrosion from the system. A neutralising agent is then added to make it safe to pump clean water through the system pushing the contaminated water out. The inhibitor is a fluid that is added at the end of the process to help prevent the future build up of contamination. The pump is then removed and the system returned to normal, in considerably better working order - as good as new!